Oracle Financials

From: Peter Sterne <pete_at_greenwich.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 1994 14:55:04 GMT

My company is currently evaluating Financial applications which will run on an Oracle server. Along with a couple of third-party apps we are considering Oracle Financials (specifically General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Project Accounting) and I was curious about people's experiences with it.

These are my questions:

  1. How satsfied are you with the product?
  2. Did Oracle install the software?
  3. Did the installation require customization?
    • If so, was the customization performed by Oracle?
    • If Oracle customized the installation were they able to meet their budget and schedule?
  4. Did the complete project come in at the proposed budget?
  5. Is support (including Oracle Consulting) available?
  6. If you could do it all over, would you go with Oracle Financials again?

Please respond via direct e-mail (pete_at_greenwich.com) if possible; I will post a summary to the group in a few days if there is any interest.

Thanks in Advance,

--
Peter Sterne, Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Greenwich Associates, Greenwich Connecticut