National Language Support

From: TBarry <tbarry_at_aol.com>
Date: 3 Mar 1994 15:31:03 -0500

I'm looking for some information on Oracle's National Language Support, specifically involving 2-byte character sets (Japanese, Chinese, etc.). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get too much information from the most logical source... I have these basic questions to start:

  1. Does Oracle support only one Language per instance, or are multiple languages supported at once (single and double-byte).
  2. What front-end tools are typically used when accessing an Oracle database that's using a double-byte character set?

If anyone would relate to me their experiences supporting these languages in an Oracle environment I would greatly appreciate it. Also, it would be terrific if anyone could point me to relevant articles or other sources. Thanks much.

Thomas Barry Received on Thu Mar 03 1994 - 21:31:03 CET

Original text of this message