Version 6 - Floating Point Bug?

From: James J. Yorton <yorton_at_bison.cig.mot.com>
Date: 2 Mar 1994 23:23:40 GMT

I am attempting to insert a floating point number (zero and non-zero) into a table from a Pro*C program, and am getting a core dump, in the Oracle generated code. We feel we've checked everything, declarations, tables, etc.

Here's my environment:

	Sun OS 4.1.1, sun model 3
	ORACLE RDBMS V6.0.30.3.1
	PL/SQL V1.0.31.0.2 - Production
	ORACLE Precompiler: Version 1.3.15.1.2

The value to be inserted is in a host array, but we tried switching to non-arrays, to no avail.

I am able to insert manually from the SQL> prompt.

I should point out the exact same code works under Oracle 7 on a Sparc. Unfortunately, our environment requires us to maintain different environments for the time being.

Has anyone else out there encountered this type of thing under Version 6? Please email me your responses.

Thanks.

Jim Yorton                    | Voice:      +1 708-632-6695
Motorola Inc.                 |
General Systems Sector        | Internet:   yorton_at_cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group | UUCP:       ...!uunet!motcid!yorton
Arlington Heights, IL USA | Received on Thu Mar 03 1994 - 00:23:40 CET

Original text of this message