Use of Long DataTypes

From: Cool Dude <cs_a213_at_dcs.king.ac.uk>
Date: 21 Feb 1994 13:17:00 GMT

Friends,

I have created a database which has only two attributes .

probid number
description LONG.

The motivation behind this design choice was that users can enter loads of characters to describe a problem.

The problem :
Long does not accept more than a certain number of characters. I am coding an application using ProC wherein I run a texteditor within a program and accept user input to a text file. I then assign this information to a * char and then insert values into the database. I have allocated (size of file) memory to this pointer

This is what tends to happen
Text entered :

I am running a Solaris 2.3 machine.

Having problems setting up a NIS Domain master and slaves I have SOlaris 1 machines as the client

When I select description from problem, I get

I am running a Solaris 2.3 machine.

Having problems setting up a NIS Domain mas

Can anyone please explain what I am doing wrong here ?

The machine is a Sun 670 MP running Oracle 7.0 (SunOS 4.1.3)

Thanks in advance

Kind Rgds

Suhas Received on Mon Feb 21 1994 - 14:17:00 CET

Original text of this message