Forms 4.0 for Macintosh

From: Martin Berli <berli_at_switch.ch>
Date: 21 Feb 1994 09:23:11 GMT

To those which have already used or developped applications with Forms 4.0 for Macintosh: Could you please comment on the following:

  • I fear that performance could be bad. What are the hardware requirements so one can develop and most importantly *operate* with acceptable speed?
  • What components are needed? Our server (7) runs on a Solaris 2.3. I have a version of SQL*Net for Macintosh which dates of 1991. I suppose this is not compatible with SQL*Net V2 on the unix machine. What's the current state of SQL*Net for Macintosh? Is it a control panel or an extension? (I suppose it operates on top of MacTCP)
  • How "Mac-like" is Forms 4.0 for Mac?
  • About porting unix-generated forms to the Mac: Is it really so easy as the advertisements say?
  • How stable is it?

Thanks for any comments.

   Martin Berli

Internet: berli_at_switch.ch  | SWITCH, Swiss Academic and Research Network
Phone   : +41 1 268 1540   | Limmatquai 138
Fax     : +41 1 268 1568   | CH-8001 Zurich