Oracle C/S Resource Accounting

From: <rbriggs_at_hal.tntn.gtegsc.com>
Date: 17 Feb 94 16:12:58 -0500

My organization is currently in the process of implementing a pilot program to convert some of our mainframe based applications to the client/server model. The servers would be VAX/VMS and UNIX based using ORACLE with SQLNET. One of our concerns at the moment is how to perform the RESOUCE ACCOUNTING/CHARGEBACK on the server. Seems that when the client come in to the server via SQLNET the user bypasses the normal system login and just logs in via ORACLE thus bypassing the normal system accounting process. Are there any companies that have applications to track RESOUCE use from within ORACLE?

Thanks
Ron Briggs
rbriggs_at_hal.ndhm.gtegsc.com Received on Thu Feb 17 1994 - 22:12:58 CET

Original text of this message