RE: Oracle books

From: Tony Scott <asc_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 1994 18:47:10 GMT

Suresh: I learned everything I know about Oracle from the manuals (except Oracle Card). Contrary to what many people say I found them pretty good (except Oracle Card). I had never used a declarative language before and getting used to the declarative nature of SQL was the hardest part. If that's likely to be your problem, the Introduction to SQL booklet is very good and worth spending some time on to give you a foundation.

Otherwise, I looked at a few books some time ago but it is hard for publishers to keep up with the pace of development. They always seemed to be a bit out of date.

Tony Scott
(asc_at_cix.compulink.co.uk)