Re: An SQL question.

From: Steve Corbett <p0070623_at_oxford-brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 13 Feb 1994 07:09:20 -0600

Ranjan Biswas (biswasr_at_HP-UX) wrote:
: I have a general SQL question - this is nothing specific to ORACLE, but since
: I read the solution in an ORACLE book, thought of posting it in this newsgroup.

: Suppose I have an 'emp' table containing the regular stuff like

: EMP ( empno, ename, deptno, sal....etc )

: How do I find out who earns the 3rd ( or the 'n'th ) highest salary (sal) in
: the organisation ? The solution should be in pure SQL - not using PL/SQL.

Sounds like someone's homework to me :)

--
Steve Corbett.                        vvv
                                     [. .]