Re: Forms 3 & long varchar2 fields

From: Jennifer R. Amon <bamon_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 1994 16:51:08 -0500

In article <2j8o85$bs4_at_Jupiter.ocsbrg.no>, ckr_at_ocsbrg.no (Carsten Kristensen) wrote:

> bamon_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu (Jennifer R. Amon) writes:
>
> >I'm using a long field in a SQL*Forms v3 form to correspond to a
> >VARCHAR2 field in the database that is more than 255 characters in
> >length. Should I anticipate any problems with this?
>
> I do not know. Try and see!

So far, so good. I'll report any problems I discover.

> >Now, is there a way to have that field display with an editor, without
> >waiting until the user visits the field? In other words I'd like the
> >editor to always appear for that field.
>
> Yes. Write a field level trigger - ON-NEW-FIELD-INSTANCE - containing
> edit_field;
> You can also add parameters to the edit_field, to set position, length
> and no-of-lines. See the SQL*Forms Reference Guide.

Ah, but I want the editor to appear even BEFORE the user moves to that field.

Jennifer R. Amon            PHONE: (216) 775-6987
Houck Computing Center        FAX: (216) 775-8573
Oberlin College
Oberlin, OH 44074        INTERNET: bamon_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu