How can I set XtDefaultBackground (for Oracle Data Browser)?

From: Wayne Scott <wws_at_sorcerer.isp.bellcore.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 94 21:28:38 GMT

Hello:

        We're using a new Oracle Data Browser on a DEC Alpha OSF/1 platform, and we're having trouble setting the bg & fg colors on some items. The problem is that some items come up with black text on a dark blue background.

The items do NOT seem to be Motif Widgets because: 1) using editres, they do not appear in the widget tree; 2) setting all kinds of Motif resources does not effect them. Doing a "strings" on the executable reveals that it's using
"Tk2Motif.background: XtDefaultBackground" and
"Tk2Motif.foreground: XtDefaultForeground." So, I suppose if I can only
change/redefine them, we might be able to get what we want. Browsing the FAQs and O'Reilly books, I don't see how to do this, so I must resort to throwing the question out to the world. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
Wayne Scott Received on Tue Feb 08 1994 - 22:28:38 CET

Original text of this message