Re: Help: Outrageous spacing problem

From: David Crowson <zdxc0d_at_amoco.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 1994 04:41:50 CST

In article 29910_at_marlin.jcu.edu.au, zlajt_at_marlin.jcu.edu.au (Alex J Thomas) writes:
-->Hi Folks,
-->
-->I have just begun using Oracle to store my biological data, and have
-->this problem I sure hope one you can help me with.
-->
-->The following commands generate output in which the records have this
-->huge space between them.

-->---------------------------------------------
-->Tue Feb 8 page 1
--> Botanical Species list
-->
-->Site No Taxa Records
-->-------- ---- ---------------------------------------- -------
-->AC103 5 Acacia rothii 4
-->AC103 11 Erythrophleum chlolostachys 1
-->AC103 19 Eucalyptus tetradonta 9
-->AC103 29 Parinari nonda 1
-->AC103 30 Planchonia careya 1
-->---------------------------------------------

Well why have you got

>break on b.mspp__no skip 1;

then ?

BTW You don't need ';' after any of the formatting commands in SQLplus .

---
David Crowson   =%^)   |"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
Oracle DBA(Ver.4,5,6,7)| I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to
Amoco Exploration      | move, to get down off this featherbed of civilisation
Ealing, London         | and to find the globe granite underneath and strewn
"My views not Amoex's" | with cutting flints" : Robert Louis Stevenson