Re: SQL$Forms Commit Procedure

From: Peter Kane <pkane_at_cisco.com>
Date: 1 Feb 1994 22:15:01 GMT

In article <2im89h$232_at_reeve.research.aa.wl.com> ditommm_at_aa.wl.com writes:

>I have a form (SQL*Forms 3.0 on VAX/VMS) which makes changes to tables directly
>through PL/SQL procedures that contain INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE statements.
>Sometimes these changes are the only changes made during the current session.
> If the user COMMIT's the error message '40401 - no changes to commit' appears.
> Is there any way to let SQL*FORMS know that thre really is something to commit
>- perhaps by changing FORM_STATUS directly? If I do the COMMIT in a user exit
>then the records are locked until the user exits SQL*Forms, since I cannot
>RELEASE without disconnecting from the database.

What you need to do is set a form field to itself. Then Forms will think things have changed and do the commit:

:blk1.field1 = :blk1.field1;

then when you do the commit, it will think things have changed and you won't get that error.

Peter
pkane_at_cisco.com Received on Tue Feb 01 1994 - 23:15:01 CET

Original text of this message