Re: SQL$Forms Commit Procedure

From: Diana Tracy <bs794_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
Date: 2 Feb 1994 17:58:24 GMT

In a previous article, ditommm_at_aa.wl.com () says:

>I have a form (SQL*Forms 3.0 on VAX/VMS) which makes changes to tables directly
>through PL/SQL procedures that contain INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE statements.
>Sometimes these changes are the only changes made during the current session.
> If the user COMMIT's the error message '40401 - no changes to commit' appears.
> Is there any way to let SQL*FORMS know that thre really is something to commit
>- perhaps by changing FORM_STATUS directly? If I do the COMMIT in a user exit
>then the records are locked until the user exits SQL*Forms, since I cannot
>RELEASE without disconnecting from the database.
>
>Thanks for any assistance.
>
>Matteo diTommaso
>ditommm_at_aa.wl.com

Actually, even though the error message comes up, the data is commited. All you have to do is set :SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL so that the message is not displayed. Do the following in your PL/SQL:

        :SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL := 5;
 commit_form;

        :SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL := 0; Hope this helps

--
Diana Tracy, System Designer		-- Excitement, Adventure
bs794_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu		-- and Really Wild Things