Re: ORACLE 7.0.13.1 on Solaris 2.3

From: Lionel Lee Yuin <lionell_at_solomon.technet.sg>
Date: 29 Jan 1994 06:59:06 GMT

Bob Jordan (bobj_at_visionware.co.uk) wrote:
: I have Oracle 7.0.13.1 running fine on Solaris 2.3 even so the
: CD says 2.2 on the cover. I would have thought later versions
: would be bound to work. Bob.

: Bob Jordan - Unix Systems Administrator - Visionware Ltd
: - bobj_at_visionware.co.uk -

Just to caution you regarding 70131 - it's tonnes of optimiser bugs which either return no results or worst - wrong results! - as admitted by an Oracle engineer here. Our site experiences 70131 bug that returns wrong search route according to explain plan. So my advice (& Oracle's as well >:-( ) is to use 7.0.15 instead (but some of the other bugs still remain) for mission-critical apps.

Cheers

Lionel Lee
Singapore Polytechnic Received on Sat Jan 29 1994 - 07:59:06 CET

Original text of this message