Problem with ReportWriter 2.0

From: Dirk Moebius <moebius_at_athene.informatik.uni-bonn.de>
Date: 26 Jan 1994 20:52:19 GMT

Hello,

I have a problem with ReportWriter 2.0 (Windows): How do you make a tabular report with vertical seperator lines and with fields, that *could* be expanding?

In detail:

Suppose, I have the following layout:

 |                                       |             |  <-- Repeat-Frame
 V  +--------------------------------+   |             |
 |  =  F_charfield (expanding)       =   |             |
 |                                       |    line     |

The vertical line will be printed on all instances of the repeating frame. So if the char-field stays at the same small size, everything is o.k. and we will get a long continous vertical line through the whole tabular.

Problem is that when the char-field expands, the vertical line does not expand. The line will no longer be continous.

How can you prevent ReportWriter 2.0 from doing that? How do you get a tabular report with continous vertical lines?

Thanks in advance,
Dirk.

--
Dirk Moebius
Email:  moebius_at_athene.informatik.uni-bonn.de