Re: PL/SQL debugger?

From: Russ Seligman <rseligma_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 00:25:46 GMT

In article <2i1h15$fe2_at_fnnews.fnal.gov> huangch_at_fndaud (Chih-Hao Huang) writes:

> Does anyone know/have experience with/recommend any good PL/SQL debugger,
> and/or, PL/SQL development environment? Though we are using Oracle 7,
> Forms 4.0, Report Writer and many ORACLE tools, the debugger/environment
> does not have to be an Oracle product.
> The basic capability that we ask for a debugger is to be able to single
> step through the program and change the values in the variables.

You will find exactly what you are looking for within Oracle Graphics V2.0, Oracle's graphical application development tool. It contains a very powerful PL/SQL development environment whose features include the following:

  • single stepping through program units
  • viewing/modifying variables
  • setting breakpoints
  • attaching triggers to specific lines of code

While this development environment is an integrated part of Oracle Graphics, you can still use it to develop generic PL/SQL for use in Oracle Forms or Oracle Reports. (Note, however, that you will not be able to reference Formsor  Reports-specific built-ins).

Future versions of this development environment will be tightly integrated with future versions of Forms, Reports, and the database itself. This will allow rapid and efficient development and debugging of everything from Forms triggers to stored procedures!

But don't wait... ask your sales rep about Oracle Graphics today!

--Russ Seligman
  Documentation Project Lead
  Oracle Graphics
  Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Jan 26 1994 - 01:25:46 CET

Original text of this message