Re: Pro*C & GNU C: _cg92 in sqlnet.a

From: Jeff Kopmanis <jeffk_at_garnet.msen.com>
Date: 24 Jan 1994 00:39:50 GMT

Magnus Lonnroth (mloennro_at_se.oracle.com) wrote:

: Sorry, this is *also* GNU gcc related. The Sun SPARC compiler is a
: software requirement for writing Pro*C programs, because our libraries
: (libsql.a, libocic.a, etc) are looking for stuff in /opt/SUNWspro. You
: might be able to hack around this, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Well, we were quite successful running GNU under SunOS 4.1.3. It worked fine. Is solaris all that much different from Oracle's perspective?

--
Jeff Kopmanis       (Ann Arbor, Michigan)   |  email:  jeffk_at_msen.com
Organizer of the Linux Software Map (LSM)   |  phone: (313) 393-4784 (work)