Pro*C & GNU C: _cg92 in sqlnet.a

From: Jeff Kopmanis <jeffk_at_garnet.msen.com>
Date: 22 Jan 1994 22:09:32 GMT

We are running Oracle 7.0.13 under Solaris 2.2 and are trying to compile Pro*C programs with GNU C 2.5.6. We get some odd ld warnings about 10 of the libraries, then it fails with an error that says that the symbol __cg92 is not found and it is first referred to in sqlnet.a. We've got LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to point to every known library location and we're using the standard Oracle makefile as a template makefile. What's this thing doing and why doesn't it work? Is it GNU related, or should I dig deeper into Oracle? Is it required stuff? Its first in the ld line for libraries.

Thanks,
-Jeff. :)

--

Jeff Kopmanis (Ann Arbor, Michigan) | email: jeffk_at_msen.com Organizer of the Linux Software Map (LSM) | phone: (313) 393-4784 (work) "So shines a good deed in a weary world." -Willy Wonka Received on Sat Jan 22 1994 - 23:09:32 CET

Original text of this message