SQL*Net: How to set up? connections to QuatroPro?

From: Dr Kevin J Woolley <kjw1_at_lorne.stir.ac.uk>
Date: 19 Jan 1994 10:00:25 GMT

I'm looking for some basic guidelines on setting up applications for SQL*Net. We're a very small group, with no experience of this, so I'd appreciate it if someone could give me some pointers as to what I need to do.

We're using Oracle 6.0.32 on a HP9000/845 runing HP-UX v 8.00. We have a large dtatabase from which users would like to pull down information directly into QuatroPro/Lotus123 on Windows 3.1. We're running TCP/IP on our LAN (I can telnet into our host) but I'm less familiar with this side of thinks and don't have versions to hand.

Where do I start?

Thanks in advance

Kevin Received on Wed Jan 19 1994 - 11:00:25 CET

Original text of this message