SQL*Forms-Oracle v7.0 on Unix

From: <ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si>
Date: 19 Jan 94 08:18:13 +0200

        Can anybody explain me am i walking in the dark or this is the light!

Local distributor is sure that there's no problem in distrbutin
( there's no patch on this problems ).

When i am working with SQL*Forms ( designer ) and if i pick some complex operation ( opening new form, default data block creationwhen  i'd like to see the list of tables on oracle accout, saving a form ) that means operation which corresponds to some actions with database
( indicated with Working... message on message line ), sql*forms aborts
execution with returning to Operating System shell and with message sqlforms30: segmentation violation - core dump.

I have a sqlforms version 3.0.16.12.1 which is running on rdbms version 7.0.12.1
on SCO Unix operating system 3.2.4.
HW is Pc with 486 / 33 Mhz and 16 Mb RAM.

My shared parameters are set to this values: SHMMAX 4,5 Mb
SHMSEG 15 SGA length is 4Mb.

tstshm is reporting normal report but there is some funny sentence in the list Segment blocks are not attached contigiously!

I started to suspect that perhaps i should relocate SGA ( change base address ).

Because of complex procedure ( relocating with tstshm ) i would like to know if i am on right way.

Does anybody has this problem and how did he solve it? Is really everything ok with distribution?

Ivo Drvaric, Technical University Maribor Maribor,... Received on Wed Jan 19 1994 - 07:18:13 CET

Original text of this message