Oracle, ODBC and RAW data

From: Curt Leaist <curtl_at_diamond.zed.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 16:55:43 GMT

I am developing a client/server application which requires the storage and retrieval of RAW data on Oracle7. Unfortunately, the ODBC spec defines a minimum of 256 bytes for binary data types. The drivers I have used so far either support the 256K minimum, or do not support binary data types at all.

Pro*C for Windows allows RAW data of up to 32K, but I want to use ODBC to simplify the port to other DBMSs.

Is anyone aware of an ODBC driver for Oracle which supports 'large' binary data types? Does anyone out there have similar requirements? Please contact me directly and I will post a summary.

Curt Leaist |Internet: curtl_at_zed.com Project Zed |UUCP : ...!uunet!uupsi2!aruba!curtl