Reports 2.0 query

From: C.J.Jardine <cj10_at_ucs.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 1994 17:31:48 GMT

I am developing an application using Reports 2.0.12.0.6 under MS Windows 3.1.

The application prints letters which should be sent out exactly once. Thus, each time you run the report, it should process only the data which has appeared in the database since the last successfull run of the report.

I am happy to do this by having the report delete data from the database as it processes it. However, printers are not reliable objects, so I don't want to commit the deletions unless the operator confirms that the letters actually came out of the printer. I could handle all this in the After Report trigger if I could ask the operator a question.

What I need is something like a Forms4 alert (which has more than one button). All I seem to have is SRW.MESSAGE.

Have I missed something, or must I write a user exit? Received on Wed Jan 12 1994 - 18:31:48 CET

Original text of this message