setting up oracle v7 on Bayan LAN

From: Mark Joseph Vanni <mjv7e_at_hagar5.acc.Virginia.EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 1994 02:28:45 GMT

I was told by a sales rep from Oracle that bayan LAN's are not directly supported by Oracle v7. The rep said that in order to setup a server for this particular LAN a server running with SCO would have to be established and linked to the bayan network. An Oracle server could then be setup in this SCO environment.

I understand that there are three networkable versions of Oracle v7.

Is one of these implementations of Oracle v7 better than the other, interms of ease of setup and maintainence?

Is it not the case that any one of the servers could be setup in their respective environments and then mounted onto the bayan LAN.

It should be painfully evident from this post that I am in need of a serious tutorial. If you have the time and patience, I would greatly appreciate a response to this via e-mail.

Thanks
Mark - mjv7e_at_Virginia.edu
Newsgroups: .article
Subject: setting up Oracle v7 on a bayan LAN Summary: