Re: Forms3-Message

From: Steve Corbett <p0070623_at_oxford-brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 10 Jan 1994 06:33:03 -0600

Michael Nolan (nolan_at_helios.unl.edu) wrote:
: dk_at_informatik.uni-hannover.de (Daniel Kowalewski) writes:

: >Does anyone knows a way to display a few (more than one) messages without
: >having the "Please Acknowledge Message"-Prompt?
: >(for example to simulate the "working..."-message)

: There's a Bulletin dealing with this, but I don't have the index of
: bulletins handy at the moment. Basically the technique is to turn ALL your
: pages into pop-up pages no more than 22 lines long, set up a separate
: one-line high page with its own block ('working', for example, with a field
: called 'working') on line 23 and then you do something like this:

: :working.working := 'A message to be displayed';
: show_page(2); --page 2 is the one line high page referred to above
: synchronize; -- necessary to get the message to show right away

Which is a pain, because we use the Oracle Forms Generator extensively and does not allow you to generate a form with all pages as pop-ups, so you have to rework it all. I just add a pop-up in the middle of the screen and leave page 1 as non pop-up. This is Forms V3. When I asked Oracle about this issue I was told Forms V4 would have an extra parameter to indicate if you wanted message acknowledged or not. Is this true?

--
Steve Corbett.                        vvv
                                     [. .]