Re: Forms3-Message

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 8 Jan 1994 01:28:01 GMT

dk_at_informatik.uni-hannover.de (Daniel Kowalewski) writes:

>Does anyone knows a way to display a few (more than one) messages without
>having the "Please Acknowledge Message"-Prompt?
>(for example to simulate the "working..."-message)

There's a Bulletin dealing with this, but I don't have the index of bulletins handy at the moment. Basically the technique is to turn ALL your pages into pop-up pages no more than 22 lines long, set up a separate one-line high page with its own block ('working', for example, with a field called 'working') on line 23 and then you do something like this:

    :working.working := 'A message to be displayed';     show_page(2); --page 2 is the one line high page referred to above     synchronize; -- necessary to get the message to show right away

Remember to hide that page whenever you're not using it, otherwise you may lose 'regular' messages.

If your screen size is something other than 24 lines, adjust accordingly.

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_notes.tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)