Re: Migrating to Solaris

From: Gary Eckhardt, Bldg 613, Rm Dev, X2826 <eckhardg_at_radon.brooks.af.mil>
Date: 7 Jan 1994 14:00:31 GMT

In article 4192_at_zoo.bt.co.uk, gjb_at_zoo.bt.co.uk (Graham J Bricknell) writes:
> In the interests of reliability
> and performance I am thinking that the best approach would be to
> load a new set of Oracle binaries for Solaris. This way they will run
> in native mode.

I do agree with your thinking. Although the binaries MIGHT work on Solaris, it would probably be better to upgrade to the binaries that have been specifically designed for your version of the operating system. You might also want to, if you haven't already, consider upgrading to Solaris 2.3 and getting the version of Oracle for it. We installed Solaris 2.2 and Oracle 7.0.13, and now we need to get a new version of Oracle if we want to install Solaris 2.3.

---

Gary B. Eckhardt                |  Software Development  |  This space for
Computer Sciences Corporation   |  MISTS HSC Support     |  rent or lease.
eckhardg_at_radon.brooks.af.mil    |  (210) 536-2826        |  (Cheap!)

   It's called "GOLF" because all the other four-letter words were taken.