Re: Help! Report Date Input how?

From: Steve Corbett <p0070623_at_oxford-brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 6 Jan 1994 06:42:52 -0600

Allison Rothmel (ad041_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA) wrote:

: I'm very new to SQLReport and I want the user to be able to
: select field where date between '&1' and '&2'

: But how or where in SQLReport can the user input the date variables?

You just add them as parameters.
(Refer chapter 10 of the reference manual, specifically page 10-7)

: Do I have to create a SQLForm to call SQLREP? and input the variables
: through FORMS?

For what its worth, I front end all reports with Forms to give a user-friendly interface, similiar to 'normal' forms. This gives you the ability to do extensive validation, provide 'list of values' (even for printer ids) etc. Once you have developed one, you just keep plagiarising. This allows you to develop reports with other tools and maintain a common user interface for report requesting.

--
Steve Corbett.                        vvv
                                     [. .]