RE: SQL*NET CONNECTING TI

From: Jared Hecker <hecker_at_panix.com>
Date: 19 Dec 1993 17:34:04 -0500

pete_at_gree>In article <2ei637$13l_at_Joanna.Wes.Army.Mil> u4imcehb_at_apollo.wes.army.mil (Ernest Boswell) writes:
>Liang Lin (llin_at_med.umich.edu) wrote:
>: Hi everyone,

>: Does it take a minute to connect to Oracle servers thru SQL*Net?
>: I am writing a phone book type application using an Oracle
 personnel
>: database. The connecting time is too long for such a small
 application.

>: Thanks for any ideas.
>

>: Liang Lin
>: Internal Medicine Network Service
 llin_at_med.umich.edu
>: University of Michigan Medical Center (313) 936-8305

It depends on the OS - for example, VMS (VAX) systems can be extremely

at starting a session. Even a heavily loaded Unix system can take a bit. Check with a DBA if you have access to one.

hth

jh

---
 þ MR/2 þ

--
Jared Hecker               |   OS/2 - The personal UNIX
hecker_at_panix.com           |