Dialing in to Novell server to access Oracle?

From: Scott Cooper <coops_at_ms.uky.edu>
Date: 16 Dec 1993 22:24:59 -0500

Hello all!

   I was interested if anyone out there knew of a decent software that allowed you to dial in to a Novell server (via 14.4 modem) and be able to use Oracle. We currently are using RemoteLan to connect to a server, but we have problems when trying to use Oracle. It seems like it works for a few minutes, but then it seems to hang and no longer process our commands.

   I guess eventually, we would like the ability to not only connect to Oracle and use SQLPLUS, etc., but be able to remotely run Oracle applications we have written with forms, menus, etc. Is someone out there doing this now? If so, what software/hardware/configurations do you suggest? RemoteLan works fine in all other respects for our purposes, but not for Oracle.

   We currently are using Oracle6. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Scott Cooper
coops_at_s.ms.uky.edu Received on Fri Dec 17 1993 - 04:24:59 CET

Original text of this message