Pop-Up editor in Forms3.0

From: Eric Chu <ericc_at_ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: 15 Dec 1993 16:30:52 GMT

Hi, I was wondering if anyone who is familiar with the pop-up text editor in SQL Forms 3.0 could help enlighten me on a couple of things. I am thinking about using a base table to store user entered documents in a long data type. But I need to give the user some editing capabilities in addition to just entering the data. So the question is how feasable would it be to use the built in pop-up text editor to do this?

Specifically:
Can long lines be typed without formatting problems? I think right now the text just wraps, but then is it possible to tell whether there is an actual linefeed or if it's the editor wrapping the text?

Is it possible to import the field from an external file?

What are the text editor capabilities (cut, paste, etc.) of this editor?

Thanks,

Eric Chu
ericc_at_ucsee.eecs.berkeley.edu Received on Wed Dec 15 1993 - 17:30:52 CET

Original text of this message