Re: Installed ORACLE7.0.13 on AIX 3.2

From: Andrew Semple <bart_at_ionews.io.org>
Date: 9 Dec 1993 06:48:02 -0500

In article <9312081908.AA03998_at_cocoa.srs.gov>, Chuck Henkel <csh_at_srs.gov> wrote:
>> A few days ago I installed ORACLE 7.0.13 on a RS/6000 (AIX 3.2 is
>> running on it) After a few times I managed to complete the
>> installation of ORACLE without any errors. But if I try to startup
>> an oracle-program like sqlforms30 or SQLDBA the following message
>> appeared on my screen:
>>
>> Could not load program sqlforms30
>> Symbol putmsg in /usr/lib/libtli.a is undefined
>> Symbol getmsg in /usr/lib/libtli.a is undefined
>> Could not load library libtli.a[shr.o]
>> Error was: Exec format error
>
>We had a similar problem here trying to just start up a 7.0.15 DB.
>Apparently, the STREAMS kernel extension must be loaded into the
>kernel. This is done using the "strload" command. Don't worry about
>the arguments, just type "strload" as root. You can dig around in the
>infoexplorer database for more information: search for "STREAMS".
>
>--
>Chuck Henkel
>Westinghouse Savannah River Co.
>(803)725-5060

  On a related topic, I don't know if our sqldba is busted or not. We are a new installation of Oracle 7.0.15 on AIX 3.2.4. When I type sqldba at the command prompt I always get the message (paraphrasing):

        Cannot locate file tk2cvt220.??? (I can't remember the ext.)

  The only time sqldba works correctly is if I define the ORACLE_TERM as 'hft'. And sometimes this coredumps (an arrow key combination). It doesn't pick up either TERM or ORACLE_TERM=xterm so I've never seen the motif version of the interface. Can someone point me in the right direction (which manual describes this configuration process) or tell me what needs to be done to initialize the terminal settings.

  Thanks in advance.

Andrew D. Semple                    bart_at_io.org
Toronto, Canada