Re: Gupta vs. Powerbuilder or VB

From: mdchachi <mdchachi_at_vela.acs.oakland.edu>
Date: 8 Dec 93 04:13:52 GMT

nigelc_at_cognos.com (Nigel Campbell) writes:

>I'm curious. If you develop an application in server database A. You
>then need to move it into server database B. How do you move the
>'extended attributes and validation' to the other server DBMS if
>you did not save any scripts?

If I've been reading correctly, this was the original point of the thread... the fact that you'd have to maintain an exact duplicate of the PB extended attributes in both servers (Watcom & Sybase), provided you don't use database-specific syntax.
In answer to your question, you'd transfer the PB extended attributes the same way you'd transfer data from a user table since they're stored in regular (pb*) tables. If all I had was PB, I'd use the database painter to save all the rows for each powerbuilder table to text files (one for each table), then import the same files into the PB tables on the second server.

Mike

--
 C ^ ^ D _    mdchachi_at_vela.oakland.   // :  elgn /  mata  nihon  e  /\ d
  ^0 0^  __     .edu    (call me     //   : air /  ikitai desu yo  / /\ \ o