Re: Does MacX (1.2) work with CASE designer (1.1)? Fonts problem?

From: Alan Schafer <bschafer_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu>
Date: 7 Dec 1993 22:42:51 GMT

In article <2e25dl$232_at_map.marc.usda.gov> Randy Bradley, bradley_at_marcvm.marc.usda.gov writes:

>Newbie problem. I'm trying to run CASE Designer from a MacX station.
>I've downloaded all of the 12 fonts that the manual says need to be
>downloaded: (vtsingle, vt12x20, helv8, helv16, ora6, micro, helv10,
>helv22, 6x10, sailr6, helv12, variable). However, when I type 'casedes'
>from an xterm session, I get the error message:
>
>"Display 192.133.74.160:0.0 does not have CASE*Designer specific fonts
>installed.
>Please refer to CASE*Designer Installation Guide to install fonts onto X
>server display"
>
>Have I overlooked something? Are there some other fonts that I must
>download? I have spot chect a few of these fonts from a basicwin.c
>program and the seem to work.
>Thanks for any insight!

We use MacX 1.2 with CaseDesigner 1.1.

To get the fonts to work, you need to copy the BDF files to your MacX folder and run the font compiler. The BDF files are located in the FONTS subdirectory under the ORA_CASEDESIGNER directory (I!m on VMS).

I created another folder called ORACLE FONTS in the MacX Fonts folder and put the BDF files in there. Refer to the MacX documentation for information on compiling the fonts. Received on Tue Dec 07 1993 - 23:42:51 CET

Original text of this message