Re: Does MacX (1.2) work with CASE designer (1.1)? Fonts problem?

From: Randy Bradley <bradley_at_marcvm.marc.usda.gov>
Date: 8 Dec 1993 15:00:41 GMT

In article <1993Dec7.211554.1414_at_newsgate.sps.mot.com> David Thornewill von Essen, ttg242_at_newton.sps.mot.com writes:
>CASE Designer works fine for me with MacX. When you downloaded the fonts
>you download the *.bdf files. Did you remember to compile these using the
>font manager, I'm not sure whether MacX will do this automatically for
you.

Thank you both ( David & Alan) for your help. At least I know it should work now. Yes
 I did recompile the fonts and rebuilt the directory. I had them in a sub-directory called case_1.1. I just tried moving them up a level to MacX fonts folder and rubuilt the directory. Still no-go. I am logging by running /usr/lib/X11/xterm. This is on a Solbourne. I can use the "-fn vtsingle" option and the fonts do indeed seem to be installed. Could there be some other font that I need? The 12 I listed were the only .bdf files in my cdes/admin/fonts directory. Thanks again!

  • Fortran: Top Down Language -------- C++: Bottoms Up Language *** Randy Bradley : MARC : bradley_at_marc.usda.gov: (402) 762-4156