Re: Forms3.0 - Reverse Video/^ Character

From: John Morgan <John_Morgan_at_OIT.PeachNet.EDU>
Date: 3 Dec 1993 14:23:59 GMT

In article <75XyDc1w165w_at_sytex.com> mike sullivan, sullivan_at_sytex.com writes:
>Problem 1: When I COPY a value into a field on the screen (the field is
>reverse video and blank) from a trigger the value is in the normal
>foreground/background color and not in reverse video like it should (if
>the field is 10 char wide and I copy a 5 char string into it, half the
>field is the string w/ no reverse video and the other half is reverse
>video). Is this a bug? It doesn't happen to all the fields.

Well....one man's bug is another's feature :-). I kind of like that...makes it stand
out to me a little better.

>Problem 2: I'm trying to send a MESSAGE that contains the text string
>^Z (for control Z) but while in this one block, the ^ does NOT appear.
>I'm using this MESSAGE(' Press F10(^Z) to QUIT'); which comes out on
 the
>message line as Press F10(Z) to QUIT - no ^!! Another bug?

Haven't tried this, because I NEVER display a message that has the actual keystroke....what happens if you port to another environment with a different terminal emulation ( where, say quit is F3)? I would put a message something like:
"Press [Exit] to Quit" and make the user learn through the help screen what [Exit] is on their terminal. Received on Fri Dec 03 1993 - 15:23:59 CET

Original text of this message