Re: DDL Locks

From: Laurian Chirica <lchirica_at_orchid>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 93 17:32:57 GMT

In article <2cf38168.4976_at_orchid> I asked:

>I have a dynamic SQL program where a TEMP table is
>created, some manipulation takes place (INSERTs and SELECTs),
>and then the transaction is COMMITed. A subsequent DROP TABLE TEMP
>fails with the message:

>ORA-00056: DDL lock on object '36126' is already held in an incompatib (56)
>
>Does anyone have any idea why the DDL lock is not released by COMMIT?

The problem goes away by using the "release_cursor=yes" in PCC. Still, why isn't COMMIT releasing all locks held by a transaction?

Laurian M. Chirica
Computer Science Department
California State University

It turns out the the problem goes away if the "release_cursor=yes" is used in PCC Received on Wed Nov 24 1993 - 18:32:57 CET

Original text of this message