Forms 4.0 / Reports 2.0 help needed !

From: <SCUNNANE_at_ESTEC.BITNET>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1993 17:26:49 CET

Help! I'm having problems calling a Reports 2.0 report with parameters from a Forms 4.0 form. Here's what I've done...

I created a very simple report selecting 4 fields (USERID, AUDIT_DATE, AUDIT_TIME & SYSTEM) from a table (no where clause, no group by, no order by). r When I run this report from Reports 2.0 runtime it works fine (printing all the records in the table). The name of the query is ART_AUDIT.

I then defined the following Forms 4.0 Record Group called REPORT_GROUP...

select userid, audit_date, audit_time, system  from art_audit where userid = :query.ti_userid

where :query.ti_userid is the userid that the user has last queried on.

I then created the following PRINT push-button trigger...

declare
 parm_list_id paramlist;
begin
 parm_list_id := get_parameter_list('where_clause');  if not id_null(parm_list_id) then destroy_parameter_list(parm_list_id);  end if;
 parm_list_id := creatde_parameter_list('where_clause');  add_parameter(parm_list_id,'ART_AUDIT', DATA_PARAMETER, 'REPORT_GROUP');  run_product(REPORTS, 'ARTAUDIT', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, FILESYSTEM,   parm_list_id, NULL);
end;

When I run the report from Forms 4.0 no data is printed and I haven't a clue why! Can anyone help me ? Is this the only way to produce dynamic reports ?

Also, has anyone come across problems screen printing from Forms 4.0 runtime? I can screen print (via the windows print manager) no problem from designer but when I try from runform I get a general protection exception fault and and my runform session closes down.

Thanks a lot,
Shane Cunnane. Received on Tue Nov 23 1993 - 17:26:49 CET

Original text of this message