ORA-1631 in V7.0.15.4.0 on Sun4

From: Gus Teschke <no email>
Date: 17 Nov 1993 23:27:43 GMT

Hiya,
We've recently migrated from V6.0.33.2.2 to V7.0.15.4.0 on a Sparc 2 running SunOS 4.1.3. We're unable to create more than 604 tables for some reason. At 605, the following error message appears:

ORA-01631 max # extents (99) reached in table sys.icol$

Well, there are no entries in SYS.DBA_EXTENTS or SYS.DBA_SEGMENTS for SYS.ICOL$, even though it appears in SYS.DBA_TABLES and SYS.DBA_OBJECTS. It is a table, and not a virtual table, according to Oracle Support. SYS.ICOL$ is a table that has something to do with indices, again according to Oracle Support. Note that we can still create indices, and the number of rows in SYS.ICOL$ increases. We cannot create views. Synonyms are okay.

So I'm puzzled, and I wonder if anyone can help out. So far, Oracle Support doesn't have an answer.

Exactly what is SYS.ICOL$, for starters?

                                           Thanks,
                                                         Gus

gus.teschke_at_med.umich.edu Received on Thu Nov 18 1993 - 00:27:43 CET

Original text of this message