Concatenation of Variables

From: Susan Wheat <gsaw1_at_pool.info.sunyit.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1993 16:44:27 GMT

Hi,

  I'm trying to store into a variable two variables from a form and I really need to preserve the blanks from the two variables. For example, say variable A has assigned to it variable B and variable C. Suppose further that each variable (B&C) is 40 characters long.

      variable A := variable B || variable C;

variable B might look like: 'This is line one. ' variable C might look like: 'This is line two. '

When the actual record is inserted into the database, the blanks disappear and the result looks something like this:

   'This is line one.This is line two.'

I'm using SQLForms version 3, Oracle version 7.0.13. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sue Received on Wed Nov 17 1993 - 17:44:27 CET

Original text of this message