Re: Oracle 7.0.13 on AIX

From: J. Seigh <c1mouser_at_watson.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1993 13:00:21 GMT

I sort of figured that out. The real problem was nobody at Oracle technical help could tell me what the message meant. I thought it was about a missing file and spent a lot of time trying to run that one down. Difficult to do when you don't know what file it is. It wasn't until I realized that the message number wasn't a message number but was the line number of the script where the error occurred. Once I found out it was trying to get the unix group ids of the oracle install id, it only took minutes to find the cause of the problem. All our machines have AFS client code installed with authenticated login which does a setpag(). setpag() creates bogus group ids to differentiate multiple logins on the same account. The solution was to manage a login without the setpag() and thus, no bogus group ids.

Joe Seigh Received on Wed Nov 17 1993 - 14:00:21 CET

Original text of this message