Sun 4 and 5 key sequences

From: Tim Armitage <tim_at_mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1993 17:12:36 GMT

Judging by the replies I have so far perhaps I didn't make things very clear so i'll try again.....

I am trying to use ORATERM to modify keyboard mappings for some of the applications I have written.

If I go to KEYS from the DEVICE menu I have to fill in a name for the key and also the physical terminal sequence for the key I wish to use. Once this is defined I can, as I understand it, use the defined name within KEYS option of the MAPPING menu to assign an oracle function to that key (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG !!!) for use within an application. I am trying to use this method to change some key assignments to make them more like other applications which my users use (eg I want to use TAB as next field and SHIFT+TAB as previous field).

My problem is I don't know anything about UNIX or SUN internals and have no idea what oracle needs to be told for the physical terminal sequence - can anyone provide me with details of these (particularly for shift and control modified L, R and F Function keys)

Many, many thanks

* Tim Armitage *
* Software developer - University of Cambridge (UK) *
* *
* Voice - +44 223 330595 *
* Fax - +44 223 330592 *
* Email - tim.armitage_at_mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk *