Backup Scripts for Oracle7

From: Pavan Muzumdar <pmuzu_at_ctp.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1993 22:44:23 GMT

Hi,

We are using Oracle7 on an HP Platform. We are looking for a script/program that can be used to do timely hot backups automatically. The only manual functions that it should have are putting the tapes in the tape drives (in the ideal case). We will be using the ARCHIVELOG option. Our intention is to do hot backups nightly and full backups maybe weekly. Something else useful would be a tool to estimate the size of the archivelogs.

Ideally the script would be smart enough to adapt to the database getting a new datafile/tablespace probably using the system tables and to prompt the user for a new tape (if needed).

I do hope that someone out there has a nice working version. Actually any thing working would be great. If I can generalize something that is specific, I will post it.

Thank you.

Pavan Muzumdar.

--
pmuzu_at_ctp.com