database ad hoc queries

From: Dave <david_at_c-cat.UUCP>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 93 13:10:46 EST

I'm not too clear on this myself so please bear with..

my company is installing a novell netware network and and Oracle database server at a site

the client wants the ability to do ad hoc queries on the database without paying for a DBA to do it via SQL.

this is a v7 oracle database.

this client is looking for window applications to give their users the ad hoc database query capability, they have mentioned two:

  1. WordPerfect Informs, which has the ability to grab information out of Oracle tables.
  2. Forest and Trees I've never heard of this windows application, not sure what it does.

anyway, I am looking for anyone with experience with Oracle and either of these ad hoc windows applications, simply looking for pluses or minuses for either or both, e-mail me your experiences.

is there a better windows application to do what I want that I have not discovered yet ?

thanks

-David Ristau

c-cat!david_at_sed.csc.com                                China Cat BBS
c-cat!david_at_uunet.uu.net
...uunet!mimsy!anagld!c-cat!david                      (301)604-5976