Printing Character Variables in SELECT Statements

From: Susan Wheat <gsaw1_at_sunyit.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 05:12:28 +0000

Hi,

I have the following SELECT statement in a TRIGGER:

   SELECT PRODUCT_CODE, PRODUCT_NSN

     INTO :pname, :TOS.TMES_NSN
     FROM TOS

TMES_NSN is a base-table field, which prints on the form fine. The problem is pname. It has ECHO INPUT and DISPLAY as its field attributes. When I enter this statement into SQLPLUS, I get the results that I want. However, when this is executed from my TRIGGER, pname has a value of NULL. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening? Thanks!

Sue Received on Thu Nov 04 1993 - 06:12:28 CET

Original text of this message