Re: Number type size

From: Bjorn Engsig <bengsig_at_dk.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1993 08:18:07 GMT

Article <2b6mef$fj4_at_cnn.MOTOWN.GE.COM> by asama_at_fiji.gesd says:

|Oracle utilizes a maximum of 21 bytes to store Number fields. Are 21 bytes of storage
|allocated for each Number field or is the space required dynamically allocated?
It is allocated dynamically, just as other variable length columns are (i.e. CHAR in V6, VARCHAR2 in V7, LONG, etc).

--
Disclaimer:  Although I work for ORACLE, I am sending this only in my technical
	     interest to help others on The Net.  All opinions are my own.