Re: SQL*Net on PC - less memory version?

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 4 Nov 93 02:40:57 GMT

colvin_at_shell.com (Steve Colvin) writes:

>We`re implementing a client-server app using VB, ODBC, and SQL*Net on
>the PC, connecting to an Oracle 6 db on an HP. With the DOS memory
>required by SQL*Net, FTP PC/TCP, and LAN Manager software, some
>existing DOS apps will not have sufficient memory to run. We're
>exploring alternatives for the TCP/IP software, but I'd like to find
>out if the new version of SQL*Net (2.0?) takes less DOS memory - or if
>there are third party alternatives.
>--
>Steve Colvin Staff Systems Analyst
>Shell Oil Company, Westhollow Research Center (713) 493-7559
>email - colvin internet - colvin_at_shell.com

   If you are using VB for Windows, can you use the Windows    version of SQL*Net ? If you have other Oracle apps running    in DOS, I guess this is not a option unless you go with    everything running in Windows.

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Thu Nov 04 1993 - 03:40:57 CET

Original text of this message