Tool Connection Error

From: John Young <jyoung_at_mcdga41.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1993 20:36:13 GMT

07268, 00000, "spgun: getpwuid error."
// *Cause: Getpwuid library routine returned an error.
// *Action: Possible operating system error.

We are receiving this error when our host based C precompiler attempts to connect to the database (v6.0.34 on 88open for DG aviion). We are receiving the same error for all users using the pipe driver with SQL*Load, Case Designer, and SQL*Menu 5.0 all these tools worked correctly over the past year, but recently the error began occuring from out of the blue with no change to the Operating System or Database files. A different error occurs when users using TCP/IP driver try to login to the above tools.

02729, 00000, "osncon: driver not in osntab"
// *Cause: The driver you have specified is not supported.
// *Action: Check with your database administrator which drivers are supported.

Any suggestions to the solution of this problem would be appreciated. Thank You in advance.
John Young
e-mail: jyoung_at_mcdgs01.cr.usgs.gov
Disclaimer: All is my own. Received on Tue Nov 02 1993 - 21:36:13 CET

Original text of this message