Re: Run V6/V7 Oracle concurrently on VMS

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 13 Oct 93 19:42:09 EST

 In article <13OCT199310185322_at_erich.triumf.ca>, grant_at_erich.triumf.ca (Peter A. Grant) writes:

> This has been asked a number of times, but still the answer is "yes it is
> indeed possible". We followed Oracle's recommendation of upgrading to
> version 6.0.36.7 before installing 7.0.13 and there haven't been any problems.
> Both run and I can switch between them simply by executing the appropriate
> ORA_USER.COM file. In fact I can use the identical RUNFORM30 commands to run
> against either DB.

We also have been running V6 and V7 concurrently for about a year without any problems. A couple of notes

I say, go for it. You need to get into ORACLE7.

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285