Ingres -> Oracle7

From: Michael Rieder <zhrmc_at_zh014.ubs.ubs.ch>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1993 10:04:33 GMT

I have to transfer a whole database from Ingres to Oracle7. As Ingres supports the export of data via its 'copydb' and Oracle7 supports the import via SQL*Loader there are still some obstacles.

  1. The script generated by Ingres (ie, copy.in) cannot be used directly with Oracle7 (I know the syntax is slightly different when it comes to datatypes)
  2. The datatypes are not having the same names
  3. The 'date' attributes have a different format (not to talk about the time as well)

My question:

Did anybody write a program to convert the Ingres's 'copy.in'-script to be used as a script for Oracle7's SQL*Loader? Or is there an easier way to transfer the data and the table-structures from Ingres to Oracle7?

From:
	Michael Rieder
	Union Bank of Switzerland
	OREI
	Bahnhofstrasse 45
	8021 Zurich
	Switzerland
	e-mail: Michael.Rieder_at_zh014.ubs.ubs.ch