Help New to Oracle

From: Trevor Pierce <tap_at_stein1.u.washington.edu>
Date: 13 Oct 1993 14:54:56 GMT

Please reply directly to me and not the list as I'm posting this for a colleague and don't have time to read this list.

(1) Suppose I have a Windows system running Oracle
client software. If it is connected via SQL*Net to Oracle 7 RDBMS server on a UNIX system is there anything it CAN do which it CANNOT do when connected to Oracle 7 RDBMS server running as a Netware NLM?

(2) I only have hands-on experience with single-user
Oracle 6 running over MS-DOS on my 486/33. I suspect
(don't know) that this experience is about 90% equal to
running Oracle 6 on a VT 100 terminal connected to VMS or UNIX (disregarding speed). I am doing pretty well with SQL*Plus and I know some SQL*Forms. What I want to know is: Does the new Oracle client software for Windows doing SQL*Net to an Oracle 7 RDBMS server include all the functionality of SQL*Plus and SQL*Forms somehow or another?

Thanks
Trevor Pierce
tap_at_u.washington.edu Received on Wed Oct 13 1993 - 15:54:56 CET

Original text of this message